Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Emery Anne's Arrival


She's here! And she's beautiful! And here's the abbreviated story of her 4-4-11 arrival...Check Spelling
Sunday was a difficult day for me. I'll spare you all the whiny details, but basically I spent almost the entire day in the bed wishing, hoping and praying that I would go into labor. But as bed time rolled around, I was not, so I prepared myself for another week of being pregnant, took a Benedryl and went to bed. At 1:30 AM I awoke to what seemed to be my water breaking, but I was so groggy from the Benedryl that I wasn't 100% sure. Then once I felt the next couple of contractions, I knew it was time to head to the hospital. So we flew around getting our stuff together, threw Case in the car in his PJ's and headed out. On the way Case asked "Daddy, why are you driving so fast?" And when we flew around one curve, he let out a "weeeeeeeeee." He didn't know what to think.

This is where it gets boring...this labor was completely different than the first time with Case. With Case I went into labor on my own and was ready to push in a very short amount of time but had to push for 30 or 45 minutes. This time since my water broke first, my body wasn't really quite ready for labor so I got to the hospital and waited. And waited and waited with very little progress. At 7:30 AM they started Pitocin to get things going a little faster and boy did it. By 10:30 I was ready to push but we waited another hour since my legs were so dead from the epidural. An hour later, I was still just as numb, but the nurse didn't want to wait any longer. It was go time! I only pushed for about 10 minutes or less and there she was. 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 in. of sweetness.

We love her so much! Happy Birthday, Emery!



















4 comments:

Kendall Jones said...

Yay!!!!! More pictures! Oh, I'm so excited. I have only been stalking your Facebook page waiting for more :)
So glad she is here and all is well, and I cannot wait to meet her. Congrats, congrats!!

kristen said...

congrats! can't wait to see her!

Ike68 said...

She is just beautiful, Anne!! :) Kim

Christine said...

Congrats!She is beautiful Anne! I'm so excited for you!