Monday, April 11, 2011

The Big Bro


Just a few stories to remember down the road about Case's reaction to his new baby sis...

Day 1: At the hospital, Case couldn't even look at her. He would just turn his head and close his eyes...as if he thought, "if I don't see her, maybe she doesn't exist!" It was pretty funny. He was way more interested in riding the elevator and throwing pennies in the fountain at the hospital than he was in his new sibling.

Day 2: James' parents were going to head back to their house the afternoon we got home from the hospital. Debra was sitting in our living room holding Emery and I told Case he better go tell his Maw Maw and Paw Paw bye before they left. So Case ran into the room and said, "Bye Paw Paw, bye Maw Maw, bye Emery..." I had to explain to him that baby Emery was not going to Waverly and that she was here to stay with us for forever. He asked, "She's staying here...forever?" So funny, but he's warming up to the idea now...I think!

No comments: