Emery turned 18 months last week and went for her 18M check up with Dr. Bubba today! Her stats are as follows:
Weight - 22 lbs. - 25% - We're finally moving up and away from 10%!!! I knew she was beefing up!
Height - just over 31" - 25-50%
Head - still 75% - still gotta big ole' head!
Emmy,
Can't believe in just a short six months we will already be celebrating your second birthday! Crazy how time has flown by! You are at such a fun age! So much energy and life and you crack us up all the time. While you have crept your way out of that 10th percentile for weight and are definitely beefing up a bit, you are still a light-weight and I believe you will be wearing 12-18 month clothing all fall and winter long! I've had to go back and exchange all the fall clothes I had bough you in advance of the cooler weather!
You learn a new word every day, it seems. My favorites are "peas" for "please" and "all gone" with your hands out when you eat all of the food on your high chair at mealtimes. You can now point to all of your major body parts when prompted...hair, eyes, nose, mouth, toes, hands and bottom. Speaking of bottom, you love to act like you need to go potty, insisting on sitting on the potty and then nothing happens. But you will NOT let us take you off. You just love to sit on the potty and then flush the clean water down. It was cute the first time.
You still love you big bro and one of your favorite things to do together is play hide and seek. You also still love to torment him by turning the TV off when he's watching cartoons and swiping one of his trains when he's racing them on his train table. Talk about causing a meltdown! Whew! You are the now the source of most of them!
You are a mess girl! Keeping us on our toes all of the time. I turned around from washing dishes last week and you had crawled up on top of the kitchen table, onto your highchair tray and into the seat. You were just sitting there looking at me like, "I'm ready for my dinner, mom." It took me a minute to figure out how in the world you had gotten in there by yourself...and then I gasped! You could have plummeted to you death! You definitely know how to keep things interesting around here!
Emmy Anne, you are our little buttercup and we love you very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment