Case had gotten some Eric Carle number flash cards for Christmas and I decided that for just five minutes a day, we would work on his numbers. FIVE MINUTES, that's all! So I bought one of those ticking kitchen timers at Kroger (the kind they use in hair salons) and showed him how it worked. He was pumped. Every week day we do "five minute flash cards." He is excited, he is focused and he is actually learning to recognize his numbers! It's amazing how fast kids learn. What a relief! Maybe I'm not a total failure after all.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Five Minutes
Case had gotten some Eric Carle number flash cards for Christmas and I decided that for just five minutes a day, we would work on his numbers. FIVE MINUTES, that's all! So I bought one of those ticking kitchen timers at Kroger (the kind they use in hair salons) and showed him how it worked. He was pumped. Every week day we do "five minute flash cards." He is excited, he is focused and he is actually learning to recognize his numbers! It's amazing how fast kids learn. What a relief! Maybe I'm not a total failure after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is great!! Way to be creative to get him motivated to learn! :)
Hated that we missed Preston's party...need to chat about our sitter swap.
Post a Comment