Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gettin' Ready for Some Serious Backpacking

Okay, so for Christmas, James received a subscription to Backpacker Magazine from my brother and his family. I made the suggestion to them because it was the only magazine he would ever pay money for at the bookstore. And, I was right, it was a big hit and we're now getting ready for some serious backpacking! We're planning on heading to the Grand Canyon in the spring to hike down to the bottom and back up again, so we had to get all the proper gear...

Backpacks...
A tent...
Sleeping bags...



And much more that is not shown...shoes, flashlights, rain gear, things to cook with, etc. All of which has to fold up to nearly nothing in order for us to carry it all for 18 miles!!!

I can't write this post without adding that in my nine years of knowing James, he's only bought me a handful of gifts and very few surprises, but these last few weeks, I've had a surprise waiting for me at home every few days! I've felt so special! :)

1 comment:

Amanda's News said...

Looks like you are raking in the presents:) I'm not exactly the camping out type, but I love surprise gifts:) It looks like you guys are going to have so much fun in Arizona. Is Case going too?